Dr. Vijendra Kumar Jain
MBBS, MCh - Neuro Surgery
Neurosurgeon, Spine Surgeon, 41+ Years Experience
( Best Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon in India )
Dr. V K Jain is the Principal Director of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Max Hospitals in Delhi and NCR.
Dr. Vijendra Kumar Jain is one of the best neurosurgeons and spine surgeons in India. He is the head of Max Hospitals' Neuro and Spine Department in Delhi and NCR region. He has over 41 years of experience in Neurosurgery. He is the most recommended neurosurgeon in India by patients. He has performed over 16,000 procedures and is recognized for his expertise and skill in the field.
He is known for his surgical precision and his expertise lies in treating tumors, aneurysms, spinal cord injuries, and other conditions related to brain and spine. Patients from all over the world travel to India to seek his expertise in neurosurgery. Dr. Jain's passion for clinical work and his training as well as research allow him to be a standout neurosurgeon in India. He has penned a substantial number of papers in peer-reviewed journals and has been a keynote speaker at several medical conferences. His research and innovative surgical techniques have earned him well-deserved repute in the medical field.
Dr. Jain completed his MBBS from King George's Medical College, Lucknow, in 1974. He completed his MCh in Neurosurgery from the esteemed National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore. He did a Fellowship in Micro-neurosurgery at the Fujita Health University, Nagoya, Japan.
Fellowships & Memberships
Dr. V K Jain is a member of various associations and scientific societies like:
- Neurological Society of India
- Epilepsy Society of India
- Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Neurotrauma Society of India
- Skull Base Surgery Society of India
- Society of Pharmacovigilance (India)
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgery
- Asian Australasian society of Neurological Surgeons.
Dr. V K Jain has been serving as an Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, Mumbai, Neurology India, the Official Journal of Neurological Society of India, Indian Journal of Neurotrauma, Spine, Surgical Neurology International.
He has also been appointed as a keynote speaker for numerous events around the world. He has been invited to function as a professor at numerous conventions, venues, and seminars both in India and abroad.
- 41 years of experience in Neurosurgery
- Currently, Principal Director at Department of Neurosurgery at Max Hospitals in Delhi and NCR region
- Chairman of the Neurosurgery Department, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, since February 2010
- Prof. at SGPGIMS, Lucknow, from Apr 1999 to Feb 2010
- Visiting Professor at University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland from 15th to 30th June 2001
- Visiting Professor at Fujita Gakuen Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan from 03.05.1999 to 29.05.1999
- Additional Prof. at SGPGIMS, Lucknow, September 1987 to April 1999
- Associate Prof. at NIMHANS, Bangalore, December 1984 to September 1987
- Assistant Prof. at NIMHANS, Bangalore, September 1981 to December 1984
Research Papers & Publications
Dr. Jain has numerous publications to his name.
- His book - “Craniovertebral Junction Anomalies – The Indian Experience“, was published in 1997 and is still a useful guide to the medical industry.
- In 2018, he co-edited a book on “Craniovertebral Junction Disorders”.
- His opinions have also been featured in books on various aspects of Neurosurgery.
- His articles regarding Neurology and Neurosurgery have been featured in many publications such as Surgical Neurology, Journal of Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery, Neurology India, Indian Journal of Neurotrauma etc.
Dr. Jain is a highly respected and highly esteemed figure in the medical world due to his contributions in teaching and research. He is highly respected and loved by his patients as he is very patient and family oriented for his patients and always there for them despite his busy schedule.
If you have any sort of neuro and spinal issues, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with Dr. VK Jain.